Planning is underway for the 2017 Mission Discovery Journey(s) .. Also check it out : On Facebook Page under EVENTS
. . . . .
ECUADOR – Christmas Break – team is filled!
Dec 28, 2016 – Jan 7, 2017
This team needs help with funding to pay for Ecuadorian team member
expenses. If you can help: Online Go Fund Me account.
Mission Journey for 10 days after Christmas to work with youth and young adults in Ecuador. Sponsored by Ecuadorian Methodist Church. Limited to 8 young adults. Approx cost $2000 + passport, shots, etc. Serve with Ecuador young adults for this week of developing relationships and some light construction! Team leaders : Sara Flores (Ecuador), Rebecca Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org (IN), Jason Frazer, email@example.com (E OH). Contact a leader or Lorna Jost, 605-692-3390, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Other Opportunities that happened In 2016:
Mission Discovery in Kalamazoo, MI, June 24 – July 3, 2016.
Short Synopsis of the Kalamazoo Family Camp
Longer Summary of Family Camp which may prove helpful to others planning on putting on a similar Vacation Bible School.
Advertisement that was used for “Summer Christian Family Camp” for a distressed neighborhood around Sunnyside UMC in Kalamazoo, MI.
- Learn about food and hunger issues; and optional training as a UMVIM Team leader!
- Stay with church families or at the new Wesley Foundation Campus Ministry Center on W MI University!
- Focus on young adults 16-28. Youth Leaders, Educators, Christian Educators, Pastors, and other passionate Christian adults are valued participants.
- Starts Friday, June 24, 2016 for orientation, Summer Christian Camp children arrive Sunday evening (June 26). Ends July 3 (by noon).
- Work with youth to provide a Summer Christian Camp ministry focused on food, hunger, and God’s nourishment of our souls. Includes community gardening, a Free Store ministry, Loaves and Fishes food pantry, 4-H projects in the community, and visits to the Nature Center farm near Kalamazoo.
- Group time for reflection, debriefing, devotions.
- Sunday worship at Sunnyside UMC both Sundays with Summer Christian Camp celebration on Sunday 2.
- Questions? Ask David Newhouse, team leader, email@example.com, 847.263.8621.
Video… Click Here
. . . . .
Mission Discovery to Africa University, Zimbabwe-May 1-20, 2016
Greg Lawton or West Michigan Conference is ready to lead his third Mission Discovery team to Africa University to serve with the folks there in building their capacity to educate young African men and women. (see story below for first trip highlights). Contact Greg for more information. This will be a joint effort from Wesley Centers of Grand Valley State and Western Michigan Universities. These young adults will take team leader training so they can lead their own teams someday soon! Team is FULL!
. . . . .