United Methodist Volunteers In Mission – North Central Jurisdiction (UMVIM-NCJ) supports efforts by individuals and teams of volunteers within the NCJ who are invited by and work with the local host United Methodist Church or affiliated agency to bring Christ’s healing to situations of need.
UMVIM-NCJ is governed by a board of directors and acts as a resourcing and networking agency for conference UMVIM coordinators, local churches, districts, and conferences. The UMVIM-NCJ coordinator serves as the liaison with the coordinators of other jurisdictions and the Mission Volunteers office of Global Ministries.
- Resource for Conference UMVIM and Disaster Response Coordinators
- Resource for UMVIM teams and individuals
- Disaster Response Liaison resource connection between Conferences and UMCOR
- Promotes and resources Mission Journeys
- Offers UMVIM Team Leader training
- Maintains a list of reporting teams
- Maintains the USA Opportunity List which includes Long Term Recovery Sites
- Assists with organization and implementation of Mission Volunteer training
- Links persons and teams to projects and programs
- Collaborates with conference coordinators on informational and training events
- Disseminates information via two newsletters each month. (Sign up to the left.)
- Offers UMVIM-NCJ Background Checks through National Background Investigations (NBI).
- Offers Accident and Medical Insurance options for mission journeys.
- Promotes Global Ministries Opportunities for Service (Mission Volunteers, Generation Transformation, NOMADS, Primetimers)
UMVIM-NCJ is Advance #901375. We appreciate your gifts! Donate Online!